Thursday 11 October 2018

Stories Galorey

I know 'galorey' is not a word.
It's just that I'm excited.
I'm feeling  inspired and creative and ants-in-my-pants restless.



I've just been on holidays to strange and foreign lands. 
I don't suppose they were strange and foreign to the residents of Slovakia, Poland and Hungary. 
But they were to me. 
And that was so very, very exciting.

The problem is that I have come home with my head stuffed full of ideas.
And the ideas are jostling about , thrusting their hands in the  air, shouting, 'Oooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!' over the top of one another.

The ideas want to emerge as stories and pictures and blogs and daydreams and all sorts of other crazy, fun stuff.
A piano playing horse with romantic goals.
He deserves a whole novel, surely!
This is all just fine and dandy, but I have a deadline.
A serious, end-of-year deadline for a 70 000 word novel.

But the stories and ideas and pictures from those strange and foreign lands keep vying for the space in my mind which is currently labelled FINISH YOUR NOVEL.
Book one and two are waiting for the final story
 to complete the trilogy!!

So here, in an attempt to free a little more space so that I can go on with my Most Pressing Task, I am going to share ten of my favourite holiday shots. 
Perhaps tossing them out into cyberspace will free them from the confines of my mind. 
Perhaps another creative mind will suck up one of the images and use it to create a story, a poem, a picture, a dream.

Bon voyage!

Nature wins - Esztergom, Hungary.

Coloured log cottages ... bears ... grannies
with floral aprons and headscarves
... apple trees heavy with fruit -
my heart (and imagination) was aching
in Vlkolinec, Slovakia.

Treasures and secrets and tears hidden within - 
Jewish Quarter, Krakow, Poland.

Austere living - Bardejov, Slovakia.

An airy house - Levoca, Slovakia.

A railway station straight from the pages of a 1960's
spy novel - Szentendre, Hungary.

A reward for completing the quest -
Zakopane, Poland


Crumble and charm and some very dodgy down-pipes
 - Bratislava, Slovakia.

The Love Bank - I kid you not!
Banska Stiavnica, Slovakia

A looong wait for the train in
Dunakeszi, Hungary.


No comments:

Post a Comment